NoMad New York
April 17, 2013: Hello, NoMad! This place so deserves a shout out here on Neighborhood Nomads -- not only for its name, but for that picturesque ivy that creeps around a streetscape otherwise full of cement and for the two bicycles on their kickstands in the lobby parked on those oh-so-New York City tile floors. Not to mention it's not just the hotel, but the entire neighborhood that's called NoMad, named for the area north of Madison Square Park. How perfect is that? Husband and I picked up some coffee and walked north up Broadway to NoMad Saturday morning, circling back through the Shake Shack in the park. How could we not? An entire neighborhood called NoMad just feels like the right place to wander.
Related Posts on Neighborhood Nomads:
- Map of Mornings: Union Square & Gramercy Park (November 13, 2011)
- A Breathable Street on a New York Morning (October 21, 2012)
- Miles from Monday: Public Hotel (January 28, 2013)
- Those Hotels Down The Street (October 21, 2011)
- Designing the Third Place: A Conversation with Two Architects (February 24, 2013)